Dr. Shreeshail Sonyal – Young Scientist Award – Biotechnology
Aufau International Award 2016 | Young Scientist Award | Biotechnology
|Dr. Shreeshail Sonyal
Regional Centre for Biotechnology
I am Dr. Shreeshail Sonyal, working as a Young Investigator at Regional Centre for Biotechnology, Biotechnology. I had completed my Master degree in the department of Plant Pathology, UAS, Dharwad during 2010. During M.Sc., (Ag.) I had conducted “Studies on Poemgranate Wilt Complex” as my research. After that I had completed my Ph.D., in the department of Plant Pathology during 2015 at UAS, GKVK, Bangalore. In Ph.D., I did my research in Department of Plant Pathology and IIHR, Hessarghatta. I have attended many conferences and seminars in various states of India.
Seminars presented : 6
Research papers published : 19
Popular articles : 11
Seminars/conferences/trainings attended/presented : 14
Awards and Accomplishment:
- I have been awarded ICAR – SRF for my Doctoral degree.
- Secured “ICAHPS – Young Scientist Award” in international conference on “Agriculture, Horticulture, Plant Science and Plantations on my doctoral research.
- Got the award of “Krishi Ratna Award” from Karnataka Savaskritika Academy during 2015.
- Published the book – An outline of Pomegranate (Doller earning crop) and its destructive diseases. Lap Lambart Academic publishing Germany. By -Shreeshail Sonyal, Nargund,V.B. and Veerabhadrappa Bellundagi.
- Reported the new Disease in world first time Powdery Mildew of Pomegranate caused by Erysiphe sedi.
- Reported new fungal pathogen in Pomegranate wilt complex Fusarium oxysporum also one of the pathogen along with Ceratocystis fimbriata and Meloidogyne incognita.