Postdoctoral Researchers wanted in RIKEN, Japan
|Title||Seeking a Research Scientists or Postdoctoral Researchers (Laboratory for Genome Sequencing Analysis)|
|Public advertisement URL||http://www.riken.jp/en/careers/researchers/20160426/|
|Content of job information||[Laboratory]
Laboratory for Genome Sequencing Analysis
RIKEN Center for Integrative Medical Sciences
(Team Leader: Hidewaki Nakagawa)Job Descriptions:
Large-scale of genomic research by using next-generation sequencer (NGS) and high-throughput SNP genotyping is performed. Functional analysis on genes or variants that are identified by these genomic analyses is performed by molecular biology techniques.
1.Whole genome sequencing, exome, and RNA-Seq on several types of human cancers and genomic biomarker discovery
|Work location||Kanto district – Tokyo|
|Qualifications||-PhD or MD is required.
-Candidate with much enthusiasm and experience /background on cancer research or human genome research is welcomed.
-Some experience and knowledge of computer skill for genomics are required because researcher will operate some programs for sequence data and SNP data.
-Excellent communication skill both written and oral English.
|Treatment||For details about “Salary and benefits”, please refer to above “Job posting URL”.|
|Application period||2017/04/28 Deadline for receipt
Applicants are accepted until suitable candidates are chosen.
/notification of result
|[Required Documents and Deadlines]
Please provide the documents indicated below as PDF files and send them to the email address indicated in Inquiries and Mailing Address for Documents. In the Subject line, write Application Documents, IMS- Laboratory for Genome Sequencing Analysis – (Position)Required Documents for All Positions
1. CV (include photograph, current affiliation, job title, date of birth, academic credentials, current address, contact information (telephone number and email address), research experience and work experience).
2. Statement of Purpose
3. Recommendation Letter (1): (The desired laboratory, position title and contact information for the recommending person must be included. If it is difficult to obtain a recommendation letter from the current supervisor, a recommendation from a third party will be accepted.) The letter of recommendation should be addressed to the “Director of the Center for Integrative Medical Sciences.” If the person providing the recommendation will send the letter directly, please send it to the address indicated in Inquiries and Mailing Address for Documents below.
4. Certificate of graduation or copy of diploma for highest degree (photocopy acceptable) or official letter of impending graduation. (This document can be sent anytime up until the day of the interview.)
5. List of publications and patents for at least the past five years.
6. Copies of major publications (up to three, also indicate in the list of publications with bolding or other method of identification).
7. Overview of research to this point and future aspirations (within two pages of A4-sized paper, no set format required)
8. List of competitive external funds obtained (e.g. Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research [KAKENHI]; indicate whether you are the representative researcher or the collaborator)
Deadline: Applicants are accepted until suitable candidates are chosen.
[Inquiries and Mailing Address for Documents]